Friday, March 21, 2008

Some Adults Must Have Been Perfect Children...

















The Following was Posted on Starbucks new Idea Site:

My Starbucks Idea

Note: this was not written by me, just cut and pasted by me.



More kid friendly? Please, no.
Sorry to sound like a Scrooge, but I do not go to Starbucks to listen to other people's children. When I have seen children there they are usually crumbling cake all over the floor or walking around touching things while their parents igore them. There are plenty of kid-friendly places (think fast food restaurants with play lands) where you can take your kids. I think it would take away from the coffee house atmosphere to gear it more towards children.
Comments [35] | Posted by starbaby to Atmosphere & Locations , 3/19/2008 4:19 PM

Another one:

mepabove
3/21/2008 12:14 PM
Sarah357 - and any one else out there who CAN NOT seperate a child from an adult - If you had the ability to communicate on an Adult level and not feel intimidated by other Adults, you would not need to hide behind your kids. Thus you would be free to enjoy a place where adults can relax and fraternize with other adults. And leave the kids at home. The only reason so many parents need to take their kids every place they go is because of a severe insecurity & low selfesteem issue they(the parents) don't want to deal with. Stop hiding behind your kids. We see right thru this scenario and are sick of it. Deal with your personal issues and then return to public society.


Comments like this really needle me. What do you think about this?

Please share your thoughts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously this guy has no kids and I could care less what he thinks. I bring my kids to Starbucks and they have a chocolate milk while I have a drink of coffee - who cares. This is a free country - I'm not asking for a play area I just want a cup of coffee. To say that we are insecure and that is why we bring our kids everywhere is ignorant. I'm a stay-at-home mom - my job is to be with my kids. He can take his comments and ...... you can guess where to put them.

Anonymous said...

Best to ignore people like this. I agree these folks don't have kids. In fact, I also remember the dread of sitting in my airplane seat and seeing the harried parent walk down the aisle with a kid or two in tow and pray they're not going to sit near me!

There are those who think kids should not be seen in public places until they're grown up. The question is how those kids are going to know how to behave if they've never been exposed to nice restaurants (not fast food), coffeehouses, etc.? I agree, however, that it's up to parents/caregivers to ensure their kids are well-behaved and are not outwardly bothering other people.